An Integrated Approach to IoT Security
Ranging from autonomous vehicles to connected wind turbines, the Internet of Things is far from a monolithic technological concept. A single device can involve a patchwork of software and hardware. Securing Internet of Things (IoT) devices thus requires a comprehensive approach.
(Take part in IoT Security Summit this December.)
This e-book takes an integrated approach to IoT security. Key takeaways from this document, which spans multiple chapters, include the following:
- Chapter 1: A secure architecture is a prerequisite for IoT deployments. This chapter touches on security architecture as it applies to cloud and edge computing scenarios.
- Chapter 2: The frequency of cyberattacks against the critical infrastructure sector has increased.
The second chapter in this book provides guidelines on how to protect it.
- Chapter 3: This chapter provides advice on compliance with privacy and security regulations and standards.
- Chapter 4: As IoT devices become more numerous and sophisticated, they create an extended infrastructure that bad actors can hijack. Protecting this infrastructure may ultimately depend on machine learning (ML) technologies to automate threat detection and response.
- Chapter 5: This chapter takes an integrated look at IoT security best practices.