IoT World Today Top IoT Trends Articles
Welcome to some of our top stories from early 2020 on IoT World Today. While the world is changing rapidly, these stories demonstrate some trends likely to transcend this year’s crisis moments, including the importance of cybersecurity and risk management, edge computing architecture, 5G connectivity and analytics in the supply chain.
Read on to learn about some of the key trends that are helping to accelerate the Internet of Things.
- 10 Leading IoT Security Companies With Diverse Approaches: Securing IoT Is tricky business, but these 10 innovative IoT security companies are helping to shrink the sprawling attack surface connected devices create. Find out how.
- Cybersecurity Crisis Management During the Coronavirus Pandemic: The coronavirus pandemic is arguably the first time a biological virus has a significant impact on the security industry. The rapid shift to working remotely, as well as executives monitoring IoT-enabled operations remotely, opens up threats related to expanded network access. Cybercriminals thrive on chaos, making cybersecurity crisis management vital.
- It’s Time to Rethink Distributed Ledger Technologies for IoT:After largely falling off the radar in 2019, distributed ledger technologies are popping up in broader conversations focused on enterprise trust.
- 6 IoT Security Predictions for 2020: The new decade is here and with it comes a growing maturity in the field of IoT security, but also a wave of new risks.
- Analytics in Supply Chain Management Becomes Central As Coronavirus Escalates: Analytics in supply chain management may be critical to mitigating inventory shortages and evaluating customer demand as coronavirus continues its global spread.
- Will 5G Buildout Slow or Accelerate in the COVID-19 Era?: 5G buildout may take a hit in the short and medium term given the global spread of COVID-19, the resulting supply chain disruption and the economic downturn. But could it flourish longer term?
- Edge Computing Benefits for AI Crystallizing: The prospect of performing AI at the edge is still mostly theoretical, but organizations are exploring potential edge computing benefits.
- 2020 Predictions: Edge Computing Use Cases Become a Reality: At the end of 2019, we took a look at the most compelling edge computing use cases and explored which industries they would be in come this year.
- Connected Farming Harvests Data and Gives Agriculture a Jolt: Connected farming is helping farmers optimize crops, reduce downtime and promote sustainable agriculture, but are they ready?
- A Guide to Using AI for IoT Applications: Deploying AI for IoT projects has gathered momentum as the infrastructure for collecting and processing data matures. Find out how.