A Glimpse at the Future of the IIoT, From the People Creating It
The Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) has just released the second edition of The Journal of Innovation, a digital publication chock full of articles written and reviewed by IIC member companies.
IIC members are uniquely qualified to talk about the future of the IIoT: Many are involved in IIC test bed initiatives, which involve rigorous evaluation and testing of new IIoT technologies, new applications, new products, new services, new processes for their usefulness and viability before coming to market.
So they see what’s working and what’s not and what’s need—and the implications of that—earlier than most of us.
The five journal articles focus on these disruptive IIoT technologies
- Organizations can expect business-model disruption from IIoT platform innovations – an example in transportation
- The requirements for a connected, interoperable environment for the Industrial Internet
- Developing secure, interconnected medical systems
- Vertical Taxonomy Landscape – the business dynamics and technical considerations of IIoT
- How IIoT technologies are transforming retail
To read all the articles in the second edition of The Journal of Innovation, click here.